Thursday, December 14, 2006

Last night

Silvia and I went to see Damien Rice at the Beacon. He makes me think that maybe depressed little Irish men might be my type. It was a great concert, at times angsty and very rocked-out. The sound and lights challenged my baseline anxiety level just a bit. All in all, however, it was a great show, especially seeing how sweet and funny a man who writes such depressing songs can actually be. One of his lyrics goes "I love your depression, and I love your double-chin". He's a such a sweet-talker.

I had masala dosa at hampton chutney beforehand. For an indian food place run by Americans, I was pleasantly surprised at how good their food was. And their mango chutney was fantastic. I'm going to try to make it at home. (http://www.hamptonchutney.com/)

3 comments:

Michael said...

Swathi, I am SO jealous... I love Damien Rice. Did he sing Cheers' Darlin? sigh.....

suggestion: read The Unfinished Novel by Valerie Martin. I think her characters go nicely with his.

Swathi said...

HE DID!!!
And not only did he sing it but he literally, on stage, opened a bottle of wine and chugged three glasses before singing (it was the last song of the night, so what the heck, ya know?)

It was fantastic. I really, really love him.

That will be the next book on my list for sure!

Michael said...

oh my.... i am swooning @ the thought. I am not loving his new cd as much. O is hard to live up to I guess.