Monday, November 19, 2007

Giving thanks

I am alone for thanksgiving. My family is in India for my cousin's wedding, so I have been temporarily orphaned, which I think I will like....temporarily. Don't get me wrong, I love my little brother and I love catering to his every need. However, checking long-division HW was not only getting tedious but also a bit embarassing. It's been a while since I've had to do math (thank god) and I need a break.

I just arrived home a couple hours ago from several days of annoying travel, and I'm staying put until after Thanksgiving. On the drive home from Boston I was thinking of the many reasons why I was feeling thankful, and therefore, happy.

I am thankful because:

1) I spent a lovely weekend with Karin. I am thankful for such a good friend who I can drink wine with at 6PM on a Saturday night and pass out with two hours later, effectively ruining our plans to smooch strangers at a party.

2) I met some very nice, new people this weekend. This is always a pleasant surprise.

3) I received a standing ovation by the passengers on my flight back from Virginia on Friday. I volunteered to move to the back of the nose-heavy Embraer jet so that the plane could take off. I later learned that the air-hostess actually wanted one of the many fat men I was sitting with to move since I do not weigh enough to shift the balance of a mid-size jet. In any case, you can't take back a standing O. What's done is done.

4) After a long and annoying drive, I was given a warm welcome by my doggies who are always joyful and thankful for me. The feeling is mutual.

5) The orgasmic boots are now in my possession (see entry dated 10/19/07). I am thankful that they actually look as cool as they do on the zappos website and that I don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe to wear them. Turns out, my wardrobe is not as terribly out-dated as I thought it was.

6) I am thankful that I won't have to wear a suit very often in my life. I really hate suits. I don't care how smart they make me look, they are yucky.

7) I am thankful that some people read my blog and actually like it. It makes me want to write more and I am always happier when I'm writing. Thank you, kind readers, for indirectly making me happy. I love you too.





No comments: