Friday, November 02, 2007

Identity crisis

Ok. So I'm not really having an identity crisis, but my facebook profile picture is.

I have never been able to settle on a picture for more than a day. My record is about 2 weeks or so. I am compulsive about changing it.

My profile pictures make a liar out of me. There. I said it.

In my pictures, I am usually smiling, which, if you know anything about me, you know this is not how it is. My pictures take place in social settings, which I typically hate. I am often well-dressed, wearing make-up, without glasses, although in reality I can pretty reliably be found curled up in a ball on the couch, in sweatpants and glasses, watching the food network or animal planet.

Like everyone else, I want to put my best foot forward, hence the glamor shot profile pics. But perhaps I'm also just trying to be optimistic. Maybe looking at those pictures of myself will inspire me to smile more, look my best, get out of the house and act like a "normal" 26-year-old.

I dunno. Until I figure it all out, m&m swathi is staying up there.

P.S. Don't worry, I am not depressed. I have nothing to be depressed about. In fact, at this moment I feel incredibly, incredibly lucky.

No comments: